To be eligible for support from the Pipeline to Practice Foundation, you must be accepted and plan to begin your studies at an ABA-approved law school in the upcoming fall semester.
By digitally signing my name and submitting this application, I certify the following:
(1) That the above information is true, correct and complete. I understand that any false or misleading statements and/or information given by me in connection with this application may disqualify me from consideration.
(2) I understand that Pipeline to Practice Foundation Board members are will take a holistic reading of the application and materials that I submit and that preference given to qualified applicants who: (a) demonstrate a financial need and/or (b) first-generation professional school applicants.
(3) If I am selected as a program participant and ultimately decide not to matriculate at the law school indicated above or withdraw from law school before graduation, I will immediately contact the Pipeline to Practice Foundation and notify them of my changed circumstances.
(4) I understand that a large part of the Pipeline to Practice Foundation's mission is improving law students' academic performance. To measure its impact, the Foundation will seek to collect data from program participants, including grades, class rank, matriculation/graduation status, bar exam performance, and employment status. If selected as a program participant, I agree to support the Foundation's mission by responding to periodic surveys throughout law school and/or allowing my law school to release this data directly to the Pipeline to Practice Foundation. I understand that all such data will be held confidentially and will only be released as aggregated statistics that document scholarship recipients' performance and that no personally identifiable information will be used that would be able to connect me to the data that I provide in this application. The Foundation will use such aggregated data to publish reports that help its stakeholders and donors measure the impact and efficacy of its programming and/or solicit funding that will support future applicants.
(5) I understand that the Pipeline to Practice Foundation believes in a holistic approach to improving the academic performance and professional opportunities of the students it seeks to benefit. Consequently, if selected, I agree to remain fully engaged by participating in online programming offered by the Foundation. If my schedule or geographic location prevents my participation in any programming or event, I will obtain prior written permission from the Executive Director to excuse my absence. Two (2) unexcused programming absences, or my failure to respond to two (2) requests for data as outlined in Paragraph 4 above, can result in a forfeiture of subsequent benefits/programming by the Foundation.
(5) The Pipeline to Practice Foundation firmly believes that to improve the performance of economically disadvantaged students in law school, support must also come from those within the pipeline itself. It is for this reason that, if selected, during my 2L and 3L years I agree to volunteer to serve as a student-mentor to program participants in subsequent classes.