Your LSAT score is NOT a factor that the Selection Committee will use when determining scholarship eligibility; instead it will be aggregated with other program participants for data collection/keeping purposes.
Your UGPA score is NOT a factor that the Selection Committee will use when determining scholarship eligibility; instead it will be aggregated with other program participants for data collection/keeping purposes.
To be eligible for support from the Pipeline to Practice Foundation, you must be accepted and plan to begin your studies at an ABA-approved law school in the upcoming fall semester.
Have you ever served in a branch of the United States military?
Are you the first in your family (excluding siblings) to gradate from college or attend law school?
Do you plan to receive a scholarship based upon financial need from the law school that you plan to attend next fall?
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf.
Upload a copy of your must current resume.
We ask applicants to upload evidence that they have been accepted to an ABA-approved law school and plan to begin classes in the upcoming fall.
Accepted file types: doc, docx, pdf.
Please upload a diversity statement (max 500 words) that explains how you will diversify the legal profession.
The initial step in our support for program participants is to attend a one-week, pre-matriculating law school prep course are provided by our corporate sponsor Law Preview
. If chosen, which location and dates you would be able to attend? If, after you are selected you need to switch your location at a later date, that is not a problem.
By digitally signing my name and submitting this application, I certify the following:
(1) That the above information is true, correct and complete. I understand that any false or misleading statements and/or information given by me in connection with this application may disqualify me from consideration.
(2) That if I am selected as a program participant and ultimately decide not to matriculate at the law school indicated above, or later withdraw from law school prior to graduation, I will immediately contact the Pipeline to Practice Foundation and notify them of my changed circumstances.
(3) That I understand that a large part of the Pipeline to Practice Foundation's mission is improving the academic performance of diverse students in law school. To measure its impact, the Foundation will seek to collect data from program participants, including: grades, class rank, matriculation/graduation status, bar exam performance and employment status. If selected as a program participant, I agree to support the Foundation's mission by responding to periodic surveys throughout law school and/or agree to allow my law school to release this data directly to the Pipeline to Practice Foundation. I understand that all such data will be held confidentially and will only be released as aggregated statistics that document scholarship recipients' performance and that no personally identifiable information will be used that would be able to connect me to the data that I provide in this application. The Foundation will use such aggregated data to publish reports that help its stakeholders and sponsors measure the impact and efficacy of its programming on the state of diversity in the legal profession and/or solicit funding that will support future applicants.
(4) I understand that the Pipeline to Practice Foundation believes in a holistic approach to improving the academic and professional performance of the people it seeks to benefit. Consequently, if selected, I agree to remain fully engaged by participating in all live and online programming offered by the Foundation. If my schedule or geographic location prevents my participation in any programming or event, I will obtain prior written permission from the Executive Director to excuse my absence. Two (2) unexcused programming absences, or my failure to respond to two (2) requests for data as outlined in Paragraph 3 above, can result in a forfeiture of subsequent benefits/programming by the Foundation.
(5) That the Pipeline to Practice Foundation firmly believes that to improve diversity, support must come from those within the pipeline itself. It is for this reason that, if selected, I agree to volunteer to serve as a mentor to program participants who subsequently enter the Pipeline to Practice Foundation Program.